I am debating whether to write something for my blog’s anniversary, but since it’s its first anniversary, so why not. And you might probably notice, that I am actually loving editing photos in watercolor type, I just learned that in Photoshop; and as a major in Multimedia Technology that should be easy for me, but someone who doesn’t have a good relationship with any Adobe products (which is, hello: ME) that is a big thing for me. So anyways, I’m not here to talk about how I edit my featured photos, but to talk about few things I’ve learned over the past year of having this blog.
So anyways, I’ll just probably talk whatever I have on my mind about my blog. 🙂 Let’s begin.
I’ve had this blog for a year (July 28); before The Blank Polaroids was born, I am actually semi-active on Multiply then Tumblr. I remember I would disable search engines to look for my blog, since I know most of the stuffs I write back then were all about a hundred percent rants. I first posted my poem in Multiply, back in 2010. Then I stopped writing poems then.
It was named as: Written Polaroids (same idea why I decided to name it as The Blank Polaroids). You might wonder why? And I’ve probably said it a thousand times or not. But The Blank Polaroids is like a combination of two things I like to do; writing and taking photographs. And just after a month or three, I changed the blog title to: Life and Other Little Things. My blog was basically a blog where I could write long distance relationship things and share my photos to you. Eventually, I started writing short poems and every thoughts I have in my mind.
I have learned few things from blogging and still learning a lot from it. I’ve learned to accept criticisms. And these past few months I lack of time posting stuffs here and there, but I’ll try my best to keep this blog active and sensible (if that’s a word).
Did I learned something about blogging for the past one year? I guess, so. Here are some of the things I’ve learned and few tips I guess?
- Choosing Platform. There are tons of blogging platforms (there’s Blogspot, WordPress, Tumblr and Squarespace). Six month or few prior to me having this blog, I am debating whether to transfer all my posts to Blogspot or whichever platform. I didn’t think about it to be honest, I just signed up with WordPress, then set up my first theme and s. But I got to love the space and it’s much I better I think. I even signed up for Squarespace, only lasted for an hour, since I don’t know how to tweak and I have no idea how it does. :p
- Visit Other Blogs. I do this every single day. I make sure before I go to work, I read at least one blog or at least visited one blog. It’s just so nice to read posts from other people and read their experiences.
- Comment. In line with the previous note, leaving comment and acknowledging other bloggers’ work will definitely make their day great.
- Engaging in Social Media. Sharing your blog itself and blog posts on social media, increases the chances people might actually visit your blog and would actually read your posts. I make sure that whenever I post something, I linked it on my Twitter and sometimes on my Facebook.
- Enjoy. If you like to write and share thoughts and photographs, like me – I think blogging will really help you with it. I first created my blog, just because I want to share photos and store them online-y. And latter on, I tried writing articles about Long Distance Relationships and eventually, share few personal experiences.
So cheers to one year! And hoping to store memories here and knowledge to things. xx So I guess, this concludes my anniversary post, I’ll try to post few over the weekend or when I have a lot of time. What did you learned about your first year of blogging?